A rewarding collaboration
Our organisation is constantly expanding and we are always open to new members. If your country is not yet part of the organisation, perhaps you could be the national representative for your land?
Check the current list of Nations who are members of FEE or look at our map to see if your country is already there. If you are represented please don't worry: you could still become involved as an Affiliate Member.
Recognised by UNESCO as a world-leader within the fields of Environmental Education and Education for Sustainable Development, our strength comes from our members who share our convictions and execute our programmes with great efficiency on a daily basis. Hand-picked by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) for their dedication and outstanding ability, it is these local organisations who make FEE the community-focused entity that it is today.
Members are entitled to run any and all of our world-leading programmes, agreeing to implement one at first before running a second within three to five years. Additional programmes can then be rolled-out either by the approved National Operator or by another “affiliated” organisation.
Follow this guide to find out if you are eligible to become a FEE member, and which materials you need for the application. If you find your organisation eligible for membership please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a link to our application page.
For more information on what it means to be a member, please visit our Members page.
Questions to consider and background materials
Is there already a member organisation in your country? Check the current list of our members. If there is already a member from your country, please contact them for more information about a possible cooperation with the Foundation for Environmental Education programmes in your country.
Are you representing a non-profit and non-governmental organisation?
Are you a nationwide organisation allowed to work all over your country?
Is you organisation democratic and open to all regardless of gender, orientation, race or religion?
- Familiarise yourself with the Rules of Procedure (PDF). They provide clarity and detail for the interpretation and implementation of the Foundation for Environmental Education's Articles of Association.
- Familiarise yourself with the FEE Articles of Association (PDF). These articles will serve to give you an idea of the ethos and focus of the FEE organisation, paving the way for you to join up as a fully committed and motivated member.
- Familiarise yourself with FEE Branding Guidelines, the summary of FEE’s Trademark Licence and FEE’s Environmental Policy.
As part of the online application process, you will need to upload the following documents digitally:
- Statutes of the organisation.
- Description and a list of members of the organisation.
- Organisational structure chart showing job titles reporting/managment lines.
- Details of the organisation's staff including names and qualification of staff who will be running the Foundation for Environmental Education's programmes
- Activity reports and plans showing the type of work the applicant organisation does and will be undertaking.
- Income and expenditure financial reports for the last three years.
- Provisional budget for the first year of the FEE programme. (differs from affiliate)
- Three-year time plan including a budget for FEE programmes showing financial support. (associate only)
- Details of how a second programme will be funded/implemented (associate only).
- Signed letter of endorsement from Ministries of Environment and/or Education (associate only)
- Agreement with FEE on the specific tasks related to the affiliate membership (affiliate only)
Research the programmes
We are dedicated to changing the way young people see and interact with their environments through initiatives such as Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE), Eco-Schools and Learning About Forests (LEAF). In the maritime industry and tourism sector our two eco-label programmes, the Blue Flag and Green Key, are known around the world, offering peace of mind to the growing number of tourists who prioritise environmental credibility when making a decision on where they holiday. To read more about our programmes, their criteria and history, please visit the official websites which can be found under the menu OUR PROGRAMMES
Get in touch!
There is no question too big or small! If you need to get in touch about any aspect of the membership process then please do: we'll always be happy to help!
Fill out the application form and upload your materials
Please contact our Head Office at email@example.com if you are interested in applying for FEE membership. We will then provide you with a link to our application pages.