Job title: Project Evaluation Officer
Location: Foundation for Environmental Education, Scandiagade 13, DK-2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark
Commitment: Part time position (20 hours per week)
Duration: Two years, temporary contract
Application deadline: 15 September 2017
FEE is an umbrella organisation with member organisations in more than 76 countries worldwide, working to promote education for sustainable development through its five programmes: Eco-Schools, Young Reporters for the Environment and Learning about Forests, Blue Flag and Green Key. The FEE International Head Office currently consists of 13 staff members and is located in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Eco-Schools (ES) is the largest sustainable schools programme in the world involving more than 19 million students. The programme aims to empower students to be the change our sustainable world needs by engaging them in fun, action-orientated and socially responsible learning.
Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE) aims to empower young people to take a stand on environmental issues they feel strongly about and to give them a platform to articulate these issues through the media of writing, photography or video.
The Litter Less Campaign is a joint initiative of The Wrigley Company Foundation and FEE on Litter. The Campaign entered its third phase in 2017. The Litter Less Campaign Phase III has been running through schools engaging in the Eco-Schools or Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE) programmes in 22 countries. It aims to engage and educate children and young people on the issue of litter, and encourage them to make positive choices.
Foundation for Environmental Education – www.fee.global
Young Reporters for the Environment - www.yre.global
Eco-Schools – www.ecoschools.global
Our Project Evaluation Officer will help FEE develop and organise impact measurement processes for Phase III, based on our current achievements from Litter Less Campaign Phase II, define key performance indicators, conduct research, develop tools that can measure impact from the Litter Less Campaign and FEE programmes (especially Eco-Schools and Young Reporters for the Environment).
You will join our team at the FEE head Office in Copenhagen and will report to the International YRE Programme Director and the CEO of FEE.
Primary responsibilities and tasks
- Develop key performance indicators for measuring the success of the programmes focused on Eco-Schools and Young Reporters for the Environment
- Develop impact and evaluation tools e.g. developing questionnaires and conducting research on students and teachers in order to measure knowledge and behaviour change from educational initiatives
- Collect information from FEE member organisations on this topic
- Create and work with an expert panel group as the advisory body
- Analyse and report the results
- Potential day-to-day responsibility for existing YRE and ES projects.
- Support FEE in other general tasks
Qualifications and abilities
- Professional educational qualification e.g. analytical, environmental or pedagogical university degree, preferably postgraduate degree
- Quick learner with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to synthesize large amounts of data and information
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative analysis (e.g conducting surveys, interviewing and analysing results)
- Knowledge in sustainability issues, pedagogy and education for sustainable development
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Capability of working in a team as well as independently
- Experience in working internationally
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good skills with Microsoft Office package, preferably with simple database systems and statistical tools
- You must be a team player who is able to engage in multiple tasks at once
- Precise and organised way of working
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
For the right candidate, we offer an exciting position in which you will be part of an inspiring team and atmosphere, working with positive-change programmes in an international context. Salary is dependent on previous experience and there might be international travel connected with the role.
Please send your CV and motivation letter via email: Gosia Luszczek firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please write in the subject “Application for Impact and Evaluation Officer”
The short-listed applicants will be called for an interview on Skype or in person at the FEE Head Office (evaluation process will take up to a week, depending on the volume of applications).
The successful applicant will be announced.
Please contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding the offer.
This call will be closed as soon as we have found a candidate.
Foundation for Environmental Education
Scandiagade 13, DK-2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark
Tel. +45 70 22 24 27 (Mon-Thurs 10-15, Fri 10-14)